Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Completely Engulfed

I desire to be completely engulfed in the presence of the Lord. To be overwhelmed with His glory in my life and to experience the richness of freedom that is found in that relationship. I'm not just talking about the freedom that we "talk" about or dream of experiencing....I'm talking about the earth-shattering power of being free from every weight of oppression. Goodbye stress, goodbye worry, goodbye anxiety, goodbye fear. Hello grace. An unabounding presence of God's love that pierces the terribleness of our lives and yanks us out of the miry pit. The psalmist spoke to me here:
"He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a new place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God." -Psalm 40:2-3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cameron. This is a wonderful thing to desire. Thank God that through Christ we can experience that full body-mind-spirit relationship with the living God.

Keep up the good work!